KSCLS serves as the voice of clinical laboratory professionals in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, creating a vision for the enhancement of the clinical laboratory practice field and advocating the value and role of the profession.
The purposes for which the Society is formed are:
- To promote the value of the profession to healthcare and the public
- To provide professional development opportunities
- To advocate on behalf of the profession
- To enhance the quality standards and patient centered care
- To unite the profession with one voice
Advocacy for our Laboratorians
Our primary goal is to advocate for our profession and our patients. We do this by representing the interests of the clinical laboratory and affiliated professions and members of the Society in all government and other forums that affect these interests and being involved in national and state legislation and promoting licensure for all medical laboratory professionals.
We want to provide educational opportunities to students, future students, non-laboratory professionals and patients.